Posted by Bella Vista on
Come and celebrate Victorian history with Bella Vista Motel Oamaru during the Victorian Heritage Festival which runs from 16th-20th November 2016.
This year Oamaru is opening the door on the intriguing world of 'Medicine in the Victorian era'. The festival offers a host of events and there's plenty on offer to experience Oamaru's bygone age. Here's our top 10 things to do:
- Dress up, have fun, look stylish as the Victorian's did. Visit the Victorian Wardrobe with a huge selection of garments for hire
- Penny Farthings, wheels, big and small. Watch the penny farthings as they speed around the precinct, and then there is the Tyne Street Grunter – let’s see how far they can climb up that rather big hill!
- Kick your heels up and dance the night away – a formal ball, a barn dance or two, and an afternoon dance for those that don’t want to stay up late.
- Dine like you’ve never dined before - breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning tea, or afternoon tea in the gardens, or at Totara Estate with Thomas Brydone. The choices are endless.
- Entertainment every night, shows of all types – some a little risqué, some with a murder to solve, a twist or two, a couple of comedians, a hypnotist, music and more.
- Parade. Watch as the Grand Heritage Parade works its way up Thames Street and then back to the Victorian Precinct
- Tours by foot or by bus. Take a look at our history with one of our informative tour guides.
- A slice of our history. Listen to a lecture, visit a historic site or building, see the machinery of yesteryear at work.
- Take a stroll. Visit the Museum, Art Gallery, Library, the Public Gardens, and the shops – special displays for this year’s theme for you to view
- And just when you thought it was over try the Network Waitaki Victorian Fete. Yes finish the week with a day full of entertainment, music and stalls with something to tempt you all.
So come and join us for an enjoyable visit and choose to stay at Oamaru's most centrally located motel, Bella Vista